Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 6: The Meaning Behind Your Blog Name


The Fiction We Live.
I chose this name for a few reasons. When I first started my blog, I was in a weird state. I totally took myself out of the real world, and was not ok.  If you listen to the songs below, and you have ever experienced love with loss; it really takes on a deeper meaning.
I needed an outlet, and something social to do.
I didn’t want to leave the house, let alone smile.
So when I didn’t have to work I sat around the house, and tried to create.

As I progressed, and started to feel normal again I realized that it was very fitting, almost a play on words. A blog is a place where you can be anything you want to be! If you’re shy, it’s an outlet. If you’re outgoing, it’s a place to inspire others. I still think that I’m finding my niche’ as a whole, but I’m very much in a different place now, then I was when I first started.

I do really try and keep all of the content upbeat and pretty! It’s sometimes not a very accurate reflection, of how I’m really feeling. However it’s easier to come across to others as being my normal self, rather than that small part of me that is just feeling down. I feel like it takes too much energy to be grumpy.
It’s hard to believe how much one experience can really define your life, and takes you in a totally different direction. 
If one more person told me to “keep my chin up” I was going to flip.
Now; I know I have grown. I still carry that life changing moment with me; but I can’t let it define me anymore. It’s not worth it.
It may have been, but now it needs to be part of my past.
So that very vague description is how I chose my Blog name.
It was a part of my past, and is my future.



XO. Kyla

2 comments:

  1. This is really fantastic. My brand name has something to do with my past too. You're so right. We can't let certain things define us. :)

    http://mandycrandell.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/MandyCrandell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandy!!
    Glad to see I'm not the only one ;)

    xo. Kyla

    ReplyDelete