Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

DIY Medicine Cabinet Makeover


This DIY wasn't something I was planning on, but it ended up falling right into my lap!
I've said it before, and I'll say it again; ALWAYS check the "As Is" section at IKEA.
I found this White Metal Medicine Cabinet, for $5.00!!
It was marked "Damaged and Scratched" I couldn't find a mark.

On to the DIY!
Grab your Cabinet (or Makeove surface of choice)
Spraypaint
Masking Tape
Blocking Paper
Template


Tape down your template, and make sure all edges are laying flat to eliminate bleeding. Use your blocking paper to cover the rest of the surface that will remain unpainted, and to protect the surroundings.

If your surface is extra smooth give the area youre spraying a little run over with a piece
of sandpaper to give it something to grab onto.



Shake your spraypaint well, and add a few thin coats of paint; allowing to dry in between coats.


Set aside to dry!
Once the paint is set; remove your paper and template; display!


I may add this to my getting ready area, or my craft room, I haven't decided.

However if it was ever in my bathroom being that it is metal I think it would be great to use with magents too. Little notes, shopping lists oe inspiration photos for clothing hair and makeup.



I love my new (super affordable) anchored addition!

Happy Crafting.

XO. Kyla

3 comments:

  1. oh wow! this is so cute!!! i love it!! so quick and so lovely!!

    allister bee blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!

    haha, now to realistically find somewhere to hang it up.

    xo. Kyla

    ReplyDelete