Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

DIY Cupcake Stand


I have been wanting to make my very own Cupcake Stand FOREVER!!!

Up until now I haven't found the right "vintage" type pieces to put this together.
I went to my local thrift store on Monday, and found the glass items in random areas and it all fell into place. The Robin's Egg Blue plates are really affordable ones from IKEA.


To make this stand I used:

2 Large/Medium sized Plates
1 Small sized Plate
2 Candle Vintage Candle Sticks
1 Glass Bowl (this piece is optional)
1 Tube of Glass bonding glue.


This base piece that I found was the perfect addition. However it's not necessary, I've seen many completed with just the plate as the bottom of the stand.

Add a good amount of glue to the base of each piece and press together. Grab a heavy item to place on top to add pressure and create a solid bond. Let each portion dry before adding the next level.

When you place the candle sticks make sure to put the small end facing down, as this is where you will be resting your desserts, and this allows for the most space. Leaving the base end up creates a larger surface area for the next level.



There you have your finished Cupcake stand!!


Feel free to load it up with Cupcakes, Goodies, Treats and Cute Things!



When you craft your own stand, try to find some pieces that reflect your own style and personality. There is no need to be matchy matchy; I just chose to go in that direction.
If you make a stand I would LOVE to see it!

Happy Crafting!

XO. Kyla

4 comments: