Pages

Friday, February 18, 2011

Imagination, shot down.


Today I ran to the mall really quick, and as I was walking back to my car I witnessed a conversation.

This father was holding his little girls hand, she
couldn't have been more than 4.
She was wearing the cutest little Pea Coat with a hood.
She stopped and put up her hood.

She looked at her dad and said "There, now I look like Little Red Riding Hood" and smiled SO big.

Her father re takes her hand and said
"No you don't, your coat isn't even red; it's Burgundy"
She just put her head down.

I wanted to die inside!!!!

It made me so sad and frustrated.
What a crummy thing to say.
Poor little one.

I hope everyone has a lovely Friday, and dreams big no matter what people say!

XO. Kyla

5 comments:

  1. Oh, so sad. It's hard to remember sometimes to stop thinking like a grown up and look at life through the rose colored glasses of a childs imagination. Thank you for the reminder! BTW I totally started reading your blog because my name is Kyla too. Not too many of us out there ;}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another Kyla :) Well thank you for coming over into my little world!

    It broke my heart to hear it happening! I just wanted to scoop her up. Just gives you a little perspective.

    I hope you have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came over from the camera contest to follow your blog, but can't find your follow button!
    I am so happy you liked the dorito commercial! I thought I might be the only one.
    I cracked up!
    I love your etsy store- great things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( I never want to be a parent like that. I love how kids view the world, maybe some adults should take a few lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not. cool. Poor Little Red Riding Hood. I'm going to pretend that later he felt so badly about it that he turned magenta. That's the only way I can even handle this.

    ReplyDelete