Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Penny Keepsake. DIY

So as you might have read in the previous post my Dad and I went on a little Father, Daughter day out.

While we were at Heritage Park we waited for the Train engineer to be occupied so my Dad could put two Pennies on the track, for the train to run over and flatten. It was really sneaky business!



 Misson Accomplished!

Here are the next quick steps if you happen to have a train (lol) and a few pennies.

Dirty Pennies. Clean off the track grease.

Clean Pennies!

Next grab your Crop-a-Dile, and 2 Gromets.

Press a hole into each penny, and press your gromets.

Now make your charm additions.

For my Dad I made a really simple Key Chain. I added a looser jump ring so he can easily remove it and use it as a nostalgic Ball marker during his weekend golf games!


For myself, I made a necklace with additional charms.




I hope this inspires you to save a little something from a day out, and make it into a forever keepsake!

XO. Kyla

8 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I've made smashed pennies before, but never thought to turn them into keepsakes...too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's truly awesome! Love what you did with them too. I'd be too scared to squash coins on a train track though ;-) I might get...told off!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe thank you! I figure I might as well use them as it was a good day :)

    We were very stealth about the whole thing, I'm sure if it was an actual huge freight train there may be some concern about getting caught lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute idea. i would love to have a father daughter day with my dad. we're not on speaking terms right now, so i wish that this could happen right now! i'm so jealous!

    but this keychain is so cute. and what a fun precious keepsake to have with you for forever to remind you of your dad! i love it!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful idea!
    And it will always remind you of your dad when you wear it. I love stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Paislea, I'm sorry! I'm sending positive vibes your way :)

    Thank you ladies, I'm really glad I have it too. It's like one of those 90's BFF charms; but cooler haha.

    ReplyDelete