Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

500 Days Of Summer.

So I finally got up the courage to watch this movie last night.
Lets just say my heart is still pretty broken from real life, and I was afraid.

If you haven't seen the movie I totally recommend it, despite the sadness that follows this!

As I watched the movie unfold - I realized I was watching my past relationship. Besides the fact that we were actually dating, and I know looking back that he was in love with me too. 
I was Tom. I was so in Love - and when the time was good for them I was cast aside.
I bawled my eyes out the entire time.

The scene in Ikea got to me the most - we used to do the same thing.
Try out the little mock houses, dream of what our life would turn into.


Evidently I was meant to be the practice round for the life he wanted; with someone else.
Since then, I'm not the same and I know that.

I don't think this movie was meant to make you feel this way right?
darn.

I need a hug, or a cupcake!
haha oh life.

I promise my next post will be about more upbeat things like crafts!

XO. Kyla

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh man. I loved this movie. I've never been in a relationship, but I've had similar things happen to me, and it's probably why I like it so much. It's pretty true to reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww... I love this movie. But I agree, it's definitely not for someone with a sad heart. It's quite realistic in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww. I really loved it in hindsight too; nice to see that all movies aren't unrealistic and too lovely dovey.

    But alas my sappy brain took over ...and I was destined to sit with my Kleenex box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched this last night to, I went through the exact same thing and on christmas I found out on facebook my "summer" had a girlfriend and It broke my heart all over again but for some odd reason I find comfort in watching this movie over and over again it gives me hope that one day I'll find my "autumn"

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Sweet!
    I think I might have to do the same.
    I always was partial to Fall anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this movie, but I totally understand where you're coming from! I also tend to love heartwrenching movies. Hope you got that cupcake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same! I do it all of the time.

    No Cupcake..but I think the shoes in the latest post are just what the doctor ordered :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. {{HUG}}
    Now I'm affarid to see the movie. Yesterday my supervisor said he and his wife just watched it and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way. I am currently in a relationship where I feel like I am way more into him and it sucked seeing it happen onscreen, too. You aren't alone:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh NO!
    Don't let my silliness stop you from seeing the movie. It's lovely, and cute; but real. Which is nice in this land of make believe sometimes :)

    Tracy, I hope everything works out! I figure you should always love more; never less :)

    ReplyDelete