Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Craft Room, Shopping and New Things!

So 2010 has been pretty busy so far. I've been working lots which is taking up a lot of time. However since I was such a Debbie Downer last year I have made lots of time to get out of my house and re kindle friendships.

I have spent a good chunk of my time trying to clean my art room. I found that I couldn't concentrate because my place was so disorganized. I knew where everything was - but I couldn't finish one project without stopping and starting another.

This was my bedroom originally. It was way messier than shown. I still have lots of crafty stuff up there but it's much more organized

Then somehow I took over the Dining Room. This was a Scary time.

Now we finally moved the BowFlex into the basement and I got my old art room back YAY!!






Oh how I adore that I have floor and table space again.

In the midst of the room clean up I was able to embroider some goodies.

Camera Embellishments!


Mustache Clutch!


Hello Sailor Clutch!


Fabric Camera Plushy!
More styles coming to my Etsy soon!


Found all of these buttons for $1.99.
So I spent my friday evening organizing those.

I finally finished the binder cover to my Style School Book for the new RVA Class!!


I love it!

I also tried Sushi for the first time on Saturday after some shopping and girl time!
and with that checked off an item on my year todo list.

Happy Sunday

XO. Kyla

13 comments:

  1. i am so jealous of your art space! love those embroidered handbags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Thanks!
    I'm loving it more now that it is finally clean.

    I have lots more bags that I'm taking pictures of this weekend so for sure have a look back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come live in your work space!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hehe :)
    That would be amazing!
    Mustaches are part of the dress code, I hope you're ok with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! Everything looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the bubblegum machine with yarn in it is the coolest thing i have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you!

    One of my fave re model DIY's to date :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ADORE your crafty space! I really love the blue gumball machine...where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Sara I totally didn't see your post!

    I got the gumball machine at a thrift store, I think a company was getting rid of them as there were about 5 there. I could only fit one in my car haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How did you re model the gum ball machine? Would love to do that myself!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Judith!

    I found a machine at a local thrift shop and gave it a really good scrub and clean. Next I sanded down the areas I was going to paint to give it some texture and grit for the paint to adhere to. Wiped and dryed with a cloth. I taped off the areas I didn't want to paint. Went outside and sprayed with a metal spraypaint and let dry.

    Filled with wrapped yarn and displayed. All in all took about an hour :)
    I hope you end up finding one of your very own.

    Kyla.

    ReplyDelete