Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm Back, with a pretty quilt!

Holy, I can't even express how sick I have been! I hope everyone is feeling happy and healthy going into this next week :) I'm about 95% better, the lingering cough is pretty annoying but I'm getting there.

However now that I have been feeling better I have finally taken the time to use Rachel's Quilt Tutorial and use some of my vintage sheets, including my FAVORITE little girl pattern to make my first quilt for what I can only assume a gorgeous little girl! My friend is due in January and her shower is at the end of the month.

I also took a cue from Rachel's baby shower and made 3 cute onsies from the remaining fabric, and one of my little felt camera embelishments!

Each finished step on the quilt made be giddy, and I couldn't stop! It took me about 5 hours to complete and I'm really proud that it came out as cute as it did! Amazing tutorial!!
















My favorite vintage fabric find EVER!!!

I hope this inspires you to grab the tutorial, and create your own quilt.

XO. Kyla

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all of this is insanely cute!!!!!! your friend will loooooove all of this! i wish i had that onesie with the ruffles adorning the front! sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww thank you!! Yes I'm totally feeling much better :)

    That ruffle onesie was actually super easy. I took a 2 inch strip of left over fabric and machine sewed it along the front just making a random fold wherever I felt necessary :)

    I have found a new love for the scary sewing machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and sooo cute!!! i wish I could sew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I'm glad you are feeling better. I was getting a little worried! Glad to hear you are doing better and making cute things! That quilt is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carol!

    Oh gosh and I totally just saw your email. I'm way behind. I'm glad you got your package, and I'm soooo bummed that the one pumpkin broke :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the quilt! It's beautiful. And those onesies are too cute for words! :)

    ReplyDelete