Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2009

I Put A Spell On You...

I was counting down the hours on friday until work ended. I think I did just enough to make sure I looked productive...but I really just wanted to go outside.

It was 28 degrees, the first wonderfully warm day that we have had here since "Summer" started. However, being stuck in traffic for about 1 1/2 hours with the worst music on the radio ever recorded wasn't the way I wanted to spend it, so at that point all I wanted was a fan and a huge class of cold water.

I made it home just in time to watch Spectacle with Elvis Costello. It was the most amazing line up, that I was waiting all week for!

Jakob Dylan

When he was first with the Wallflowers I was probably in Junior High. I still love One Head Light to this day.
Absolutely amazing!

He was talking about how he used to sit down at his kitchen table when it was quiet and just write, everyday.

I honestly wish I has this much motivation.

However I suppose to do what you love just comes as a second nature.

I believe that to be true with anyone. You just have to find what you love.

She and Him
Gosh firstly I could just eat Zooey up with a spoon. I think she is one of the most adorable people on the planet.

I also really like her sound; her voice in general is just so different from what you hear day to day. Her music just makes me smile.

I also really like how she dresses so vintage in most aspects. Even though she now lives in LA. she doesn't conform.


On the show she was wearing this flouncy baby blue tafta dress with balled up flowers, reminded me of my childhood. Super cute!

Jenny Lewis
Again this girl is totally vintage! I love her sound. Sometimes her voice is really haunting, and it's something that keeps me coming back for more.

Also I would like to note that she is in one of my favorite childhood movies called the Wizard.
She is the daughter of a truck driver, who meets up with 2 boys. One of which being Fred Savage who I totally crushed on as a kid might I add
They find out that the youngest "troubled" boy just wants to go to California, and happens to be a game Wizard. I definitely recommend checking it out and taking a trip back to the 90's.
Oh how I love Old School Nintendo, and Pretty Bird!


More to come I'm sure.
XO. Kyla

No comments:

Post a Comment